Monday, January 18, 2010

My new HTC Eris

I recently was looking for a new cell phone and new I wanted one of the Android phones. For those of you that don't know, Android is the Google Operating System that the "Google" phones use.

My choices were the HTC Droid Eris, Motorola Droid and the new Nexus. The Nexus was out of the picture because Verizon hadn't started carrying the phone yet. I wasn't willing to wait.

Now it came between the HTC Droid Eris and the Motorola Droid. The clear winner for me was the HTC Droid. I liked the Sense UI of the Eris and didn't care for the size or keyboard of the Motorola.

The Eris is a great phone with many features. Here is a list of a few features I like (they may be on the Droid and Nexus too.

Features I like:
-Link phone book to Facebook profiles
-Have a shortcut to Facebook phone directory
-Quickly see when you have new notifications
-5mp camera
-Weather on screen
-The phone shuts off the keypad when you talk
-Automatic light adjustmen

So far I love the HTC Eris. Hopefully they'll release an update soon so we'll get Google GPS (Nexus and Motorola already has this). That's the only feature I'm looking forward too.

I'll be doing some reviews on some awesome apps for this phone.


0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More