Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cyanogenmod 7.1 Touchpad Android App Recommendations





I made the leap and installed Cyanogenmod 7.1 on my HP Touchpad.  It's so nice to have my Android apps back. The Android Market fix didn't work for me to install Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps and others from the Android Market.

My Thoughts
The apps don't seem quite as polished as WebOS apps.  It looks like some of them just took the phone app and enlarged it, just not as optimized. It's still just worth having because you get so many more apps. Note that the apps below are what worked or didn't work on my Touchpad.  This may differ from others.


Apps That Work For Me

Non Games
Evernote
Taptu
Pulse
Movies
Pandora
Do It Tomorrow
Linked In
Google +
TweetCaster
Dropbox
Kindle
IMDB
Newegg
Google Voice
Zinio
Meebo
Mashable
Amazon App Store
Big Oven
YouVersion
Feedly
Solar Planets
Pageonce

Taptu


Pulse



Movies



Games
Angry Birds Rio
Angry Birds Season
Angry Birds
Air Attack HD
Gun Bros

APKs I Installed
Fox News
Google Maps
Facebook
Twitter

Apps That Don't Work
Slacker
Springpad
Google Music

Apps Not Full Screen
Photobucket
Epicurious

Apps The Marketplace Won't Let Me Install
Zaarly

Apps I'm Looking Forward Too
Google Propeller (Flipboard alternative for Android)

Italic Apps - available on WebOS

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More